10 GREAT REASONS TO VISIT LIGNANO
1. Everything in One. Everything is close at hand in Friuli Venezia Giulia, the region on the Italian north-east border where Lignano is situated. Each and everyone among the following suggestions can be performed in one day as an interesting alternative to your sun and beach activities.
2. 8 km of Beautiful, Golden Beaches. Stroll along the 8 km of endless fine golden beach of the Lignano peninsula from Sabbiadoro to Riviera.
3. Family Fun. Where better than one of the 5 fun-filled theme parks (Gulliverlandia, Strabilia Luna Park, Parco Junior, Aquasplash, Zoo Punta Verde) to suspend reality for a few hours ?
4. Sensational Cities. Whether you wish to cruise to Venice, visit the spectacular castle of Miramare in Trieste, enjoy the Giotto frescoes in Padua or go shopping under the arcades (“portici”) in Udine, each of these cities is at about 100 km distance from Lignano.
5. Slow Food. Savour the dishes of the regional cuisine with its peculiar recipes and gastronomic specialties, among which the famous “Prosciutto (Ham) di San Daniele del Friuli”.
6. Wonderful Wining. Take a day off to pay a visit to the enchanting landscape of the Collio, whose wineries offer tours and tastings of their world-renowned white wines.
7. Towns where Time Stands Still. Visit Aquileia with its Roman ruins, discover the spirit of the Middle Ages in Venzone, admire the pentagonal urban planning in Palmanova, one of the “ideal cities” of the Renaissance.
8. Enjoy the Outdoors. Bike or hike along the River Tagliamento trails. Practice your swing in the 18-hole golf course in Lignano, one of the best in the Northern Adriatic Coast. Go boating and birwatching in the Marano Lagunare marine park or go houseboating up the River Stella and stop by for lunch at the “Casoni”, the fishermen typical reed cabins.
9. A Night at the Opera. Live an unforgettable night and attend an opera at the Arena of Verona. The magic of outdoor music within the unique ambience of a Roman Arena.
10. La Dolce Vita. Start with a drink (“aperitivo”) at sunset on the beach, wine and dine in a seafood restaurant, listen to some music while sipping a cocktail in an outdoor bar and end up your day on the dance floor. In Lignano la “Dolce Vita” never ends.